Search Recipes in This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Grilled Spinach, Mozzarella & Avocado Sandwich

This recipe was inspired by a popular sandwich I saw on Pinterest, but this is the vegan version.  This is also the first of many meals I'll be making in my CHU... I mean... trailer here in the south, over the next year.   My living quarters has a two-plate stove, a microwave, a fridge and no oven.  So if you can relate, the next year's worth of recipes will be useful.


Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: one
Ingredients:

2 Slices French bread, or your bread of choice
8 Spinach leaves, more or less
1/2 Avocado, thinly sliced
1/3 C. vegan mozzarella cheese (I use Daiya cheese)
Margarine (I use Earth Balance Spread)
Salt to taste

Directions:

Spread one side of each slice of bread with margarine.

Place slice of bread onto frying pan. Top with cheese, spinach leaves, and then avocado slices. Add dash of salt.

Add top slice of bread and head pan to low-medium heat.  This type of margarine burns FAST so watch it closely.  When golden brown, flip and heat the other side until golden brown.  Remove from heat, slice in half and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment