Search Recipes in This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Meat Eater Emerges From the Cave...

1/4 lb all-beef piece of America!

It's been a crazy week for me with the law practice, so I've been a little bit AWOL on my posts, but I couldn't resist sharing with our readership my delicious lunch.

Now, I'm generally a pretty healthy eater.  I like to use fresh, whole ingredients, and generally stray away from processed foods.  But there are several special little places in my heart reserved for things like ice cream, black liquorice, and you guessed it . . . the occasional 1/4 lb all-beef American hot dog. 

There's a delightful delicatessen popularly called a "gas station" not too far from my office, the courthouse, and my home.  Every now and then, when I'm in a pinch for time or craving a frank piled high with ketchup, mustard, relish, sweet onion, coleslaw, pickled jalapeno peppers, hot chili and cheese, I'll slap down a buck twenty-nine (plus tax) and walk out with this epicurean delight. 

And I think Samuel Jackson in the movie S.W.A.T. said it best: "How can I trust a man who won't eat a good, old-fashioned American hot dog?"    Muwawahahahaha!







1 comment:

  1. You have no idea whether that is an "all-beef American" hot dog! You would be lucky if that was in fact Lean Finely Textured Beef!

    ReplyDelete