Search Recipes in This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Corn & Black Bean Salsa

I credit this recipe to the wife of someone I worked with.  Its super quick and easy to make and a huge hit for tailgating and picnics (GO STATE!).  I made this for Jeff and myself last week and he just could not get enough of it!

Corn & Black Bean Salsa

Servings: Makes about 2 quarts of salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Ingredients
1-15 oz can Bush's Black Beans, drained
1-11 oz can white "shoepeg" corn, drained
1-14  oz. can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
1-14 oz can diced tomatoes with mild chiles (or zesty chiles or jalapenos, depending on your "heat" preference). Do not drain the tomatoes.
3/4 cup diced sweet onion
1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
Mix all together, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours, longer is better.  Stir and serve with tortilla chips.  I prefer blue corn chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment